Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Looping thru resend?
From: dliston @ netscape . com (Dan Liston)
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 23:19:39 -0600
To: smiller @ taratec . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

I see from your message headers, the first two things you need to do immediately
are;

Add "Tmajordom" on a line by itself to the Trusted Users section of sendmail.cf
and fix your lim: alias to include ",nobody" after lims-outgoing.  Your list is
being exposed by your headers.  If someone wrote directly to lims-outgoing@lims...
the message would go to all your subscribers unchecked by resend.  Example;
lims: "|/path-to/majordomo/wrapper resend -l lims lims-outgoing,nobody"

Now about your loop.  This is how I do it.  In lims.config;

message_headers     <<  END
END

taboo_headers       <<  END
/^Sender: owner-/
END

#The X-Mailing-List: header is added the first time a message comes through.
#The Sender: header is also added to every message majordomo sends, and I do not
#want my lists to be recipients of themselves or other lists.

If you really want to prevent loops, never set "reply_to = $list"!  Not that
you did, but this reply is going to all the majordomo-users.

Dan Liston

PS. Just for the record, your sendmail is 8.10.0.beta6 :)