Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Digest List
From: Sean Porterfield <sporter @ bestdist . com>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 13:33:46 -0500
To: Ron Carson <rdcarson @ OTnow . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Ron Carson wrote:

> Hello:
>
> My ISP indicatest that when they set up a digest list it will be a
> separte list from the non-digest list and that messages are not shared
> between the lists.  Surely, this can't be correct.  Is my ISP or me in
> left field?
>
> Ron

They are two separate lists.  The digest list is included in the alias
from the regular list.  All messages go to the regular list, never the
digest list.  Then the digest is created from those messages.  Users
subscribed to the regular list get all messages.  Users subscribed to
the digest list get the digestified messages.  I'm probably not being
very clear, though.