Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Install Issues (Permissions)
From: <transfer @ iwec . com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:19:34 -0800
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Major Users,

I am getting the following errors when trying to send mail thorugh a list file "test".

The original message was received at Fri, 2 Feb 2001 17:43:02 -0500
from majordom@localhost

:include:/home/majordom/lists/test
    (expanded from: test-outgoing)

550 5.2.4 :include:/home/majordom/lists/test... Cannot open
/home/majordom/lists/test: Permission denied
The list files have permission 664
The directories majordom and lists are set to 750
majordom is set to group daemon and group ownership on the directories is majordom.daemon
The aliases are set up like they are in the INstall directions.
I added a symbolic link in the smrsh folder to wrapper

The FAQ tells me that when I get this error my permissions are to strict yet the Install tells me to set the permissions to what I have above?

I am using sendmail on redhat linux 7.2.  I must be missing something simple?

Thanks-In-Advance,

Mark Sprenger

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: