Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: How Do I
From: "D. Liston" <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2001 02:51:04 -0600
To: robbs <robbs @ rfci . net>
Cc: Majordomo <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Are you the root user when you install?  Are you installing from the
tar.gz or an rpm package?  Create a directory by hand, copy the tar
file into that directory, cd to that directory, and untar.
Now edit the Makefile for location of perl on your system, the UID
and GID of majordomo, and the home directory you assigned when you
created the majordomo user.  Depending on POSIXness of your system,
you should now be able to make and install majordomo.

Dan Liston