Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Exploit?
From: Curtis Maurand <curtis @ lamere . net>
Date: 14 Feb 2001 09:53:19 -0500
To: gabe @ mystery . com
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

> }
> } Yes
> Are you sure it isn't "Get" followed by "Your Private,"?  Hotmail messages
> tend to end with:
>   Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at
> This tends to be interpretted by Majordomo as a "get" request.
 13:48:53 majordomo[14478] {} get  copy,

 17:13:32 majordomo[20213] {}
get  started
 14:56:01 majordomo[523] {Curtis Maurand <>}
 06:00:53 majordomo[2605] {} get  orders

>From the log entry above it appears that you were right.  This is
exactly what we are seeing.  Majordomo appears to be ignoring everything
but the help and get messages.  I  thought that it might be spammers
trying to send to the majordomo mail account.  Thanks for the
clarification.  I wasn't reading the logs quit deep enough.

Thanks again, I guess I can un comment the help code in the majordomo

  • Exploit?
    From: "Brian Sullivan" <>
  • Re: Exploit?
    From: Curtis Maurand <>
  • Re: Exploit?
    From: Gabe Helou <>
Indexed By Date Previous: Set of Moderated list...
From: Grigory Kljuchnikov <>
Next: Re: relaying?
From: Layne Meier <>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Exploit?
From: Gabe Helou <>
Next: Re: Exploit?
From: Dan Liston <>

Search Internet Search