Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: re:weirdness.....
From: Steve Thomas <steve @ ccpc . net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:47:51 -0500 (EST)
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Greetings all and thanks to all that have responded,

I found the poblem .  It was not Majordomo at all but a User in one list.

They are a business and are using an external provider to host their email
domain for them.  At the same time, each email sent out from the list was
being looped back from this person's provider as if it was coming from
them themselves.  Thus, when I sent one email to a list of 100, each
person received upwards to 5 copies of this same email.  AND.. Majordomo
WAS accespting it, because this person's provider was CC'ng it back out as
if it came from me or whomever is on the list.

WEIRD!

I removed his name from the email list and it all stopped.   yeah,  he was
using Microsoft Exchange.... if that helps...

thanks again....

Steve Thomas

Crystal Clear P.C.
Internet Services and More
http://www.ccpc.net
Voice - 607-397-7374
Email - steve@ccpc.net

Indexed By Date Previous: Posting to lists in HTML