Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Preventing mail loop
From: Todd Lyons <todd @ mrball . net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:35:12 -0800
To: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk @ chinet . com>, Majordomo Users <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

"Adam H. Kerman" wrote:

> If you filter for "owner-[listname]", you'll prevent bounced administrative
> messages from being posted.

Almost.  The demime author pointed out that I had a misconfiguration.  I
was setting the sender to listname instead of listname-owner.  Hence,
the filtering wouldn't work.  But this is a moot point since I manually
reset the sender with bulk_mailer, so it ended up requiring a fix in my
majordomo aliases file instead of the listname.config file.
--
Blue skies...		Todd
| Get a bigger hammer!   |   Never mind me.  I'm speaking out of  |