Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Re: Problems posting to THIS list
From: Dan Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 23:07:50 -0600
To: Robin Sanders <sanders @ math . buffalostate . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

When posting a message that has majordomo command words as part
of the first 10 lines of a message, you have to either insert
that many blank lines at the beginning of the message, misspell
the commands, or start your message with a blank line and a
dash at the beginning of a line by itself.  For example;

this is the beginning of a message.
this is the end.

This way you can get past all the majordomo parsing commands
and post the contents of your email.

Dan Liston

Robin Sanders wrote:
> Hi y'all,
> I've subscribed to the list.
> I'm trying (desparately) to post a message about a problem
> I've been having.  In the mail I quote the error message that
> is sent to me as the majordomo caretaker when my users try
> to get OFF my lists.
> My mail never seems to make it to the list, but it's also
> not bounced back to me as undeliverable either.
> Any ideas on how I can get the specifics about the problem
> posted so that I can pick your brains about fixing the
> problem?
> Robin Sue Sanders

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: poster stuff