Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: Header Info in email send from Outlook Express gets processed
From: Freaked Personality <freaky @ freaky2000 . dyndns . org>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 15:20:54 +0100 (CET)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hey there,

when I'm mailing from Outlook Express (which sends html mail by
default) the html header info gets processed (see attach). Is there any
way to stop this?

Kind regards,

Ferry van Steen

From freaky@freaky2000.dyndns.org Thu Feb 22 15:18:47 2001
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 23:18:39 +0100 (CET)
From: Freaked Personality <freaky@freaky2000.dyndns.org>
To: majordomo-users@greatcircle.com
Subject: Header info gets processed as commands (fwd)

--

Hey there,

my Outlook Express to sent the subscribe command to
pricelist-request@domain it will subscribe, but it will also give a lot of
errors. The to marjodomo known commands process as they should though, I
just wanna get rid of the errors and the help it sends probably due to
these errors. Here is an example

**** Command '------=_nextpart_000_0005_01c08122.e9d18ef0' not recognized.
**** Command 'content-type:' not recognized.
**** Command 'charset="iso-8859-1"' not recognized.

This time I haven't included the majordomo commands because I think they
may stop me from reaching the mailinglist. If anyone knows how to let
majordomo ignore this or stop it from trying to process it please lemme
know.

Also I have some other questions.

My mailing list is called pricelist, and I the beginning I only had a info
file (pricelist.info in the lists directory) this would get sent along
with the subscribtion confirmation. Later I added pricelist.intro however
if i mail the -intro- command to majordomo it says there is no intro
HOWEVER if you subscribe now it sends the intro along instead of the info
file intro file is pricelist.intro also in the lists directory.

Still have one more question, due to the nature of this list I had to
disable all the access commands (set them to closed 'cept info &
intro). Now when I sent these commands it will tell me the command is
disabled with the exception of which. I can still send which command only
it will return no matches even if I use my own email addy exactly as
subscribed. Isn't this supposed to say disabled also or is it the no
matches the correct behaviour?

Oh, in case it matters, I'm using majordomo 1.94.5 compiled by SuSE (6.4
distribution)

I've checked the FAQ's, didn't see anything about these things though.
However I skimmed it so I might have read over it. In that case I'm very
sorry :-)

Kind regards,

Ferry van Steen

Indexed By Date Previous: text lines as "command not recognized" (fwd)