Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: path installation problems
From: <davea @ tecnet1 . jcte . jcs . mil>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 01 15:01:30 EDT
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hi,

  I have majordomo 1.94.5 on a Solaris 2.6 box.  I downloaded a number of
patches from ftp.ccsf.org/majordomo-patches/1.94.5/majordomo.pl.  Most of
the patch installations went well.  But two of them are giving me fits.
I'm not a perl person yet,  but, this majordomo is making me a fast learner.
Can someone explain what is going on with these patches and possible work arounds?  I believe I know what needs to be done, I just need some clarification.

# patch config_parse.pl < config_parse.pl-resend.1
  Looks like a new-style context diff.
  The next patch looks like a new-style context diff.
Hunk #1 failed at line 564.
Hunk #2 failed at line 918.
2 out of 2 hunks failed: saving rejects to config_parse.pl.rej

#patch majordomo.pl < majordomo.pl.1
  Looks like a unified context diff.
Hunk #1 failed at line 173.
Hunk #2 failed at line 185.
2 out of 2 hunks failed: saving rejects to majordomo.pl.rej
  I can't seem to find a patch in there anywhere.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Question on using the "bounce" script