Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

From: Todd Lyons <todd @ mrball . net>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:55:14 -0800
To: "Simone L. Crider" <Simone . Crider @ ncddc . noaa . gov>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

"Simone L. Crider" wrote:

> requests to majordomo & so far, it's OK.  However, I've been looking back
> through the archives for the following header that is returned w/ each
> request to majordomo,
> **** Command 'this' not recognized.

You're sending html messages.  Majordomo requires plain text messages.
It is possible to get around this using a tool called demime, but it
takes a bit of work setting up this tool.  I found that it was not an
easy task, but I will admit that I learned a GREAT deal about Perl
getting demime to work.

> > It's a perl script, so you can always browse the source code.  Not a
> > very good answer in that it depends on your technical savvy, but it is a
> > viable option.
> Unfortunately, I don't know perl very well, guess now's a good time to learn
> more!

Neither do I, and yes, now is as good a time as any!
Blue skies...		Todd
| Get a bigger hammer!   |   Never mind me.  I'm speaking out of  |
|  |   my /dev/ass anyway.                  |
|  |                        --Gash Teshome  |

Indexed By Date Previous: archive question