Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2001)

Subject: HOSTILE ADDRESS
From: "Simone L. Crider" <Simone . Crider @ ncddc . noaa . gov>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 09:22:42 -0600
To: <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

-

Hi!

I'm new to majordomo & managing mailing lists.  Now that I've gotten
majordomo setup & working, I was testing out my subscribe & unsubscribe
features of majordomo to a list called "test".  For some reason, it will not let me re-subscribe.

I subscribed, myself to the list "test" & then unsubscribed.  I also tested subscribing
myself to another address & that worked, then I unsubscribed from the other address.
I then tried to subscribe myself again & the other address w/in the same message.  That
is when I rec'd the following error,

MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!

HOSTILE ADDRESS (tried to subscribe list) test

Now it will not let either address subscribe.  It is like my addresses have been labeled
as hostile addresses.  Were they saved to a file w/in majordomo or elsewhere?
Is there anyway to get around this?

Is there another source that I can get more information about majordomo,
other than the man page?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Simone Crider

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: unsubscribe_policy problem