Subject: Long e-mail addresses?
From: "Noce, Guy" <gnoce @ towson . edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:19:50 -0500
To: "'majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com'" <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com>

Hello:  Forgive me if my ignorance of things *nix shows--I'm from VMS (built
right from the ground up, etc.)

We're using majordomo-1.94.5 on Solaris 8 with Sendmail 8.10.1.
Lately, or at least now I'm noticing it because users are complaining, some
list owners are having problems removing list users with long domain names,
like  Likewise, users with long domain names
are having problems posting to some lists.

Perhaps related, is this from the Log file:

Feb 26 16:53:00 majordomo[25976] {"Somebody, Professor,"
<>} WARNING Illegal space in address: approve passwd

Any thoughts and help might give me incentive to come over and kiss you--Guy

Guy Noce
VMS Systems Engineer
Towson University Computing and Network Services

"I like the blues..... but I like aqua marine just as much."  --Don Van

Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Majorcool Support - Error Modifying List Subscribers