Subject: Long e-mail addresses?
From: "Noce, Guy" <gnoce @ towson . edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 14:19:50 -0500
To: "'majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com'" <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com>

Hello:  Forgive me if my ignorance of things *nix shows--I'm from VMS (built
right from the ground up, etc.)

We're using majordomo-1.94.5 on Solaris 8 with Sendmail 8.10.1.
Lately, or at least now I'm noticing it because users are complaining, some
list owners are having problems removing list users with long domain names,
like user@yaddy.yadda.yipee.us.gov.  Likewise, users with long domain names
are having problems posting to some lists.

Perhaps related, is this from the Log file:

Feb 26 16:53:00 lists.towson.edu majordomo[25976] {"Somebody, Professor,"
<psomebody@towson.edu>} WARNING Illegal space in address:
thisuser@mdac.state.md.us approve passwd

Any thoughts and help might give me incentive to come over and kiss you--Guy

Guy Noce
VMS Systems Engineer
Towson University Computing and Network Services
E-mail: gnoce@towson.edu

"I like the blues..... but I like aqua marine just as much."  --Don Van
Vliet

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: RE: Majorcool Support - Error Modifying List Subscribers