Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(June 2001)

Subject: Re: sendmail won't call wrapper
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2001 01:59:20 -0500
To: "James L. Terman" <jim @ termanweb . net>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Do a google or RPM search for majordomo.  There are lots of bug fixes between
1.94.4 and 1.94.5, especially Y2k fixes and digest enhancements.  The RPM to
use is 1.94.5-2.  If I remember right, it even creates the majordomo user for
you and creates a link to wrapper in /etc/smrsh.  It has been a very long time
since I have installed using RPM though.

Service unavailable means you are piping to a program that is not available to
sendmail via the SendMailRemoteSHell (smrsh) tool.  To make programs available
to sendmail for piping, you must have a link (or the executable itself) in the
/etc/smrsh directory.  You must be the root user, or change the owner:group to
root:root, when you create the link.

Dan Liston