Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2001)

Subject: RE: How do I create "Locked" List
From: Adam Faris <faris_a @ pacbell . net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 22:36:19 -0700
To: "Majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com" <Majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . com>

I'm trying to do a similar setup.  We want to send a newsletter to a group
of people, but we only want the authors of the newsletter to submit to the
group.  I am aware of a  kludge, and maybe someone can share the preferred
method.  If you look in the (NameOfListHere).config, you will find an entry
called "restrict_post".  Point this entry to a file, and make sure to
include the path.  The name of the file is irrelevant.

restrict_post = /my/path/to/lists/dir/NameOfListHere.allow

Create a file containing email addresses that have permission to post.
 This file should have the same name and path that the restrict_post
variable points to.  The addresses in the file should be separated by
either colons or a space.

Once again, I'm aware that this method is not a preferred method, and it
even states this in the config file.  This will work, and get you by until
someone can share the proper method.  I'm suspecting it has something to do
with the aliases file and the resend command, but that's just a hunch.

Adam