Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: large bouncing e-mail!
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 12:00:04 -0500
To: Bobby Eberle <bobby . eberle @ gopusa . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Bobby,

Disable (comment out) the aliases for eaglelist, and rebuild the file
with `newaliases` or `sendmail -bi`. (assuming you run sendmail)

Assuming your list is not hosted, and you have root access to the
server, check the `mailq`.  You might be able to delete the message
in /var/spool/mqueue.

Read the FAQ, README, and all files in the Doc directory, then try
again.  Start simple.  Make your first list a non-archived, non-digest
list where majordomo only controls membership.

/etc/aliases file snippet;
majordomo: "|/pathto/majordomo/wrapper majordomo"
owner-majordomo: you@your.domain
#
eaglelist: :include:/pathto/majordomo/lists/eaglelist
owner-eaglelist: you@your.domain
eaglelist-request: you@your.domain
eaglelist-approval: you@your.domain

/pathto/majordomo/lists/eaglelist contents;
you@your.domain
other.you@other.domain

mv /pathto/majordomo/lists/eaglelist.config eaglelist.cfg.bak

Don't forget to rebuild aliases again with newaliases command.
If the above settings still LOOP when you test, the problem
is in your majordomo.cf file, your sendmail configuration, or
possibly even DNS or /etc/hosts file.

Dan Liston