Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Attaching Files
From: Chip Old <fold @ bcpl . net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:12:02 -0400 (EDT)
To: MAJORDOMO-USERS <majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Chris Chambers wrote:

> Is it possible to attach files when sending to a list? I've tried but
> keep receiving a bounce message even though I provide the approved
> with the list password?

Exactly what does the bounce message say?  It's impossible to troubleshoot
accurately without that info.

The most common reason for a message with attachment to bounce is the
"maxlength" setting in the list.config file.  The default is 40000 bytes,
which means many messages with attachments will be too large.  However you
can override the size limit by resending the bounced message with the
correct "Approved: password" line.  If that isn't working for you, then
you may not be adding the "Approved: password" line correctly.  Does

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180