Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Majordomo problems on Redhat 7.1
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 01:46:21 -0500
To: Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste @ weather . admin . niu . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

It puts the executables in /usr/lib/majordomo
It puts the documentation in /usr/doc/majordomo-1.94.5
It puts the lists, archives, log, digests, and tmp in /var/lib/majordomo
It creates a majordomo user in /etc/passwd (UID 91)
It creates a majordomo group in /etc/group (GID 91)
It creates a majordomo: alias in /etc/aliases
It puts a logrotate script in /etc/logrotate.d/majordomo
It puts the main config in /etc/majordomo.cf
The best thing the rpm does is give you a head start on having all the
correct/compatible ownerships/permissions for use with sendmail.

The rpm is not perfect, but it is VERY close. Delete all evidence of a
manual install from the, passwd file, group file, aliases file, etc.
The mandrake rpm does not create a majordomo-owner: alias, but I am
pretty sure the redhat rpm (below) does.  If not, just remember to
add that alias before saying yes to the registration prompt when you
run the `wrapper config-test` the first time successfully.

If you decide to bail, just `rpm -e majordomo` to remove everything.

Dan Liston

PS.  Were you able to find the HOW-TO messages from yesterday?