Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2001)

Subject: Re: Avoiding attachments
From: Richard Welty <rwelty @ suespammers . org>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 11:42:38 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:09:19 +0200, Oliver Gassner wrote:
>I did not find anything in documentation how to exclude mail with
>attachments from being sent over the list.

>It's not about users who do not want to learn: It's about %$&%$&%
>worms which send themselves as attachments.

you have a couple of choices.

one is to limit message size; this catches pretty much all of it.

the other is to use a tool like demime or stripmime to remove all but
the text before resending. this is kind of nice to do anyway, because
there are often lots of list members who don't want to get html email,
and because digest format and mime are allergic to each other.

richard