Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2001)

Subject: RE: How do I restrict posts?
From: "Michael R. Welch" <mrwelch @ free-pctech-support . com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:41:25 -0700
To: "Daniel Liston" <dliston @ netscape . com>
Cc: "Majordomo-users" <Majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM>

Hi, I took your suggestion but Houston there's a problem

Here's how my new list aliases looks like:

nobody: /dev/null
free-pctech-news: "|/majordomo/wrapper resend -l
free-pctech-news-outgoing,nobody"
free-pctech-news-outgoing: :include:/majordomo/lists/free-pctech-news
free-pctech-news-owner: mrwelch
free-pctech-news-outgoing-owner: mrwelch
approved-free-pctech-news-owner: mrwelch
free-pctech-news-request: "|/majordomo/wrapper request-answer
free-pctech-news"
free-pctech-news-approval: mrwelch

I created a blank list called free-pctech-news-outgoing and posting to that
works fine except for it shows the from being from
free-pctech-news-outgoing@free-pctech-news instead of
free-pctech-news@free-pctech-support.com(easily fixed in config I believe).
But if I post to free-pctech-news, I get the following error:

"|/majordomo/wrapper resend -l free-pctech-news-outgoing,nobody"
    (expanded from: <free-pctech-news@free-pctech-support.com>)

554 "|/majordomo/wrapper resend -l free-pctech-news-outgoing,nobody"...
unknown mailer error 9

I'm assuming this may have someting to do with permissions possibly for
majordomo to write to the null device? Also if
I try to subscribe to free-pctech-news Sendmail drops off the edge of the
earth. Also free-pctech-news outgoing is blank so I know the include is
working. I took a peek using pico at the config file for my automatically
generated outgoing list and several of the commented lines were cut-off just
like was thought to be caused by an email client on my free-pctech-news
file.

Im sure I'm overlooking something or not understanding how this is supposed
to actually work.

Thanks

Michael Welch