Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 2001)

Subject: Re: Digest problems
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ netscape . com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 19:31:19 -0600
To: Donna <mirator @ educationalfreedom . com>
Cc: Majordomo-Users @ GreatCircle . COM

If your list is called "test" and you are digesting messages, the
aliases file should have entries that look something like this;

test: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-outgoing,nobody"
owner-test: dliston,
test-approval: owner-test
test-outgoing: :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test,test-archiver,test-digestify
test-archiver: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -f /var/lib/majordomo/archive/test/test -a -M"
test-digestify: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper digest -r -C -l test-digest test-digest-outgoing",
test-request: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper request-answer test"
#test-request: "|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -l test"
test-digest: test
owner-test-digest: owner-test
test-digest-approval: owner-test
test-digest-outgoing: :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test-digest"

The above has dependencies on your majordomo.cf file settings for;
$whereami = "domain.org";
$homedir = "/usr/lib/majordomo";
$listdir = "/var/lib/majordomo/lists";
$digest_work_dir = "/var/lib/majordomo/digest";
$filedir = "/var/lib/majordomo/archive";
$filedir_suffix = "";
^note^ you must create the subdirectories for test and test-digest
/var/lib/majordomo/digest/test-digest
/var/lib/majordomo/archive/test
/var/lib/majordomo/archive/test-digest

If you are using sendmail as your MTA, none of these directories
can be group or world writable.

Dan Liston