Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 2001)

Subject: Stuck.
From: rborland <rborland @ healthnet . zw>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:40:04 +0200
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

 * Original to: David VanHorn (dvanhorn@cedar.net)
 * One carbon copy

 > I've been struggling.

 > I have 1.94.5 installed on RH7.1

 > I haven't found a set of permissions that satisfies it.

The Majordomo-MajorCool-HOWTO reported problems with the Majordomo RPM so I
installed off the tar file onto Redhat 7.1.  I also had many permissions
problems.  I removed this installation and installed from the current RPM and
everything worked perfectly out of the box.  And the directory structure is much
more familiar for Redhatters with config files in /etc, correct links in
/etc/smrsh, and so on.

Bt if you want to keep fiddling, heres how the main directories appear:

  drwxr-x---  majordom majordom  /var/lib/majordomo
    drwxr-xr-x   2 majordom majordom     1024 Jan 27  2000 OLDLOGS
    drwxr-x---   5 majordom majordom     1024 Nov 27 11:57 archives
    drwxr-x---   5 majordom majordom     1024 Nov 27 11:57 digest
    drwxr-x---   2 majordom majordom     1024 Nov 27 17:09 lists
      rw-r--r--   1 majordom majordom       17 Nov 27 11:10 testlist1
      rw-rw----   1 majordom majordom    16518 Nov 27 11:10 testlist1.config
    rw-rw----   1 majordom majordom    12091 Nov 27 17:09 log
    drwxr-x---   2 majordom majordom     1024 Nov 26 11:13 tmp

Regards,
Rob

 -*- Carbon Copy recipients follow: -*-

      dvanhorn@cedar.net
 CC: majordomo-users@GreatCircle.COM

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Approval with messages containing attachments