Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(November 2001)

Subject: archive2.pl
From: Michael Donohue <webmaster @ bard . net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:04:37 -0500
To: majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Ok, I know I'm being dense here.

The alias below USED to work on my old system.

Now I get this:

Receiving 11
Either '-a' or '-u' required
Usage: /usr/local/majordomo/archive2.pl -f <file> {-u|-a}
[-d|-D|-m|-M|-y|-Y] [file ...]
554 5.3.0 "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper archive2.pl -f
/usr/local/majordomo/lists/<listname>.archive/<listname>"... unknown mailer
error 2

What are the -a and -u switches? What could have changed that requires them
now, but didn't require them before?

In the .pl it shows this:

#       -a      Input is a message to append to archive
#       -u      Input is a UNIX archive (separated by "From " lines) to split

But I'm not entirely sure what this means.

Michael K Donohue
Webmaster/Sys Admin
Bardic Solutions
http://www.bard.net