Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 2002)

Subject: Re: Archiving..
From: Daniel Liston <dan @ sonny . org>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:19:12 -0600
To: Ish Rattan <ishwar @ pali . cps . cmich . edu>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Significance is only to add a user to the distribution of the alias
so that sendmail does not expand the information and make knowledge
of it available in the "Received:" headers of outoing messages from
the list.  An alias like these would work just as well;

anybody: /dev/null
anyone: /dev/null
devnull: /dev/null
and the appropriate change to test that looks like one of these;

test: "|/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-list,anybody"
test: "|/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-list,anyone"
test: "|/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-list,devnull"

The "anybody:" alias would not require a passwd entry any more than
your test or test-request aliases do.

Dan Liston

Ish Rattan wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Daniel Liston wrote:
> > No, but close.
> >
> > test: "|/local/majordomo/wrapper resend -l test test-list,nobody"
> What is the significance of "nobody"? It seems to be already aliased
> to root in /etc/aliases, so can I use "anybody" aliased to /dev/null?
> will anybody require a /etc/passwd entry too?
> -ishwar

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Couple of questions