Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 2002)

Subject: Re: Post setup error message
From: dliston @ sonny . org
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 09:54:06 -0600
To: "Sanders, Corey" <Corey_Sanders @ stercomm . com>
Cc: "'majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com'" <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Redhat configures sendmail to use smrsh.  As such, any executable you
try to use from the aliases file must have a link in the /etc/smrsh
directory.  Do you have a link to "wrapper" in this directory?

as root,
ln -s /usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper /etc/smrsh/wrapper

You should also define the majordomo user as "trusted" by sendmail.
In 8.9.3 you would at Tmajordomo to the sendmail.cf in 8.11.6 you just
add majordomo to the /etc/mail/trusted-users file.

Finally, when you get errors from the shell/command line, try using an
actual mail client like pine, elm, communicator, or even outlook or
yahoo (in "TEXT" mode) to send message commands to majordomo.  This is
the way majordomo was designed to be accessed.

Dan Liston