Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 2002)

Subject: Re: mj automatic message
From: "Joe R. Jah" <jjah @ cloud . ccsf . cc . ca . us>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 15:02:47 -0800 (PST)
To: Larry Aaron <laaron @ accp . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

On Wed, 23 Jan 2002, Larry Aaron wrote:

> Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 09:57:23 -0600
> From: Larry Aaron <laaron@accp.com>
> To: majordomo-users@greatcircle.com
> Subject: mj automatic message
>
> -
> I would like to suppress the automatic message that mj sends.  We include an
> into file that explains how to unsubscribe through our Web interface, which
> conflicts with the automatic message being sent by mj.  I have found
> numerous request like mine but no resolution.  How do people handle
> languages other than English?
>
> Has anybody done this already?  Any thoughts...
>
> Larry E. Aaron, CAE
> Phone: 816.531.2177 ext. 31
> Email: laaron@accp.com

Had you browsed the list archives of May 13, 2001, you would have found
the resolution yourself:^)
----------------------------------8<------------------------------------
You have put your finger on a bug in Majordomo;)  Majordomo 1.94.5 can be
patched to correct its behavior; you can download the patch from:

        ftp://ftp.ccsf.org/majordomo-patches/1.94.5/majordomo.7

Here is an excerpt from the comments in the patch:
# This patch will fix a bug in majordomo dealing with <List>.intro file.
# The patched majordomo will send only the contents of <List>.intro file
# if one exists, without prepending the standard majordomo greeting.
#
# To apply the patch:
#
# - Save the patch to a file on your Majordomo server.
# - Login as Majordomo user, (e.g. majordom.)
# - In Majordomo home run the following command:
#
#       patch < /path/to/majordomo.7

Regards,

Joe