Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2002)

Subject: Bogus Admin message
From: Saarah Ahsan <saarah @ york . cuny . edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:10:25 -0500 (EST)
To: Majordomo list <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

I desperately need help with the majordomo (1.94.5) which is running on a
Solaris 8 box with Sendmail (8.12.1).

Many users who could send mail earlier to the list are getting the the bounced
message :

Subject: BOUNCE     Admin request of type
/\bsubscribe\b/i at line 9
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 07:19:22 -0500 (EST)

It is not happening to all users but only for a couple of users. I don't have
any clue to this problem. Moreover, I'm not at all familiar with Majordomo.
I'll appreciate any help. I'm at a loss and many of my users are complaining...

Thanks in advance,

Kamrul Ahsan (
York College/CUNY
I'm subscribed in this list at