Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(February 2002)

Subject: Re: majordomo and sendmail 8.12
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:16:52 -0600
To: Geoff Hill - CTRC <gihill @ bolt . lakeheadu . ca>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Did you save your old sendmail.cf file before upgrading?  Do a quick
compare between the two to see what is missing that majordomo needs.

Perhaps sendmail 8.12 wants you to use smrsh.  You can either defeat
this by changing the sendmail.mc and run m4, or you can create a link
to wrapper in the proper directory.  These directories are listed in
the majordomo FAQ.

It would also help to have the "entire" error message, rather than
just the "permission denied" comment from it.

Dan Liston