Subject: Error in the digest script (or in perl)
From: Gee <gee @ geedev . com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:07:14 -0700
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Has anyone experienced any problems running majordomo 1.94.5 with perl
5.6.0 (for i386 linux)?

I've just moved to a new web host, and set up a digest (foo-digest) set up
for a list (foo), carefully setting up my aliases as always :-).

When I send to the foo list, however, I get notification of the following
error:

"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper digest -r -C -l foo-digest foo-digest-outgoing"
     (reason: 255)
     (expanded from: foo-digestify)

Can't modify logical or (||) in scalar assignment at
/usr/lib/majordomo/digest line 327, near "'';"
Execution of /usr/lib/majordomo/digest aborted due to compilation errors.

Best I can guess, there seems to be some precedence tweak (or somesuch) in
perl 5.6.0 that is breaking the digest script. Has anyone else experienced
this -- or more to the point, anybody have any hacks, fixes, or workarounds?

TIA

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: reading forged mail header