Subject: Re: [MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)]
From: Don Saul <sauldls @ dfw . wa . gov>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:19:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: Tige Richardson <Tige . Richardson @ clarent . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I am a new Majordomo user (administrator) and encountered this problem a
few days ago. I was getting the message below when a list user was trying
to unsubscribe to a "test" list.  I had no problems with the "subscribe",
"who", "which" or "lists".

To solve the problem, I had to put the listowner for "test" (which in my
case was a user on the same system Majordomo was running) in the
/etc/group file in the Majordomo group.

I don't know if this was the PROPER fix but it worked for me.

On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Tige Richardson wrote:

> Hello,
> I was wondering if someone could answer a (hopefully) simple question
> for me?  I am mailing majordomo with the following:
> --
> I then receive the following error message:
> --
> MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!
> chown(123, 2, "/var/majordomo/lists/"): Operation not permitted
> --
> Here are the permissions on the file in question:
> -rw-rw-r--    1 majordom 45              0 Mar 28 11:51
> I believe that the problem is the "45" GID.  It's obviously not in my
> password file.  Everything else in my /var/majordomo/lists directory is
> owned by  majordomo:daemon.
> Is there an easy way around this or to change the GID that majordomo
> uses for creating this file?
> Any help would be much appreciated!!!  I read the FAQ and it mentions
> this error message may be a wrapper problem, but when I run the
> "./wrapper config-test" as a non-root and non-majordom user it ran just
> fine with no errors!
> Thanks for any help or suggestions,
> Tige

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: reading forged mail header