Changing the source worked great.
If you want to do the same, open bulk_mailer.c and go to line 1004 (in
version 1.13) and change bulk_mailer to whatever you want. I changed mine
to domainname_blk_mlr, as I wrote down below somewhere, then I did
cp bulk_mailer /usr/local/bin
where pwd = /root/rpms/bulk_mailer-1.13
Have some fun.
Karl L. Pearson
Senior Consulting Systems Analyst
Senior Consulting Database Analyst
My Thoughts on Terrorism In America:
On Thu, 9 May 2002, Lisa Bohm wrote:
>Hey, Karl, Please let me know if that works.
>I have that problem all of the time with people's ISPs blocking the bulk
>At 02:30 PM 5/9/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>>I wrote a few days ago about using Bulk_Mailer v1.13 and how a particular
>>ISP (nventure.com) who shall remain clue-less, was blocking any email with
>>bulk_mailer in the header because, as they explained to me in a curt email,
>>Bulk Mailing is evil and costs them money and gives no added value to their
>>They completely missed the point.
>>In any case, after receiving a hint that I could hack the binary file, I
>>remembered that I installed bulk_mailer from source. So, I edited
>>bulk_mailer.c and changed the line where it said "bulk_mailer v1.13" to
>>What a solution, but if it works and is that easy, I'm for it.
>>Karl L. Pearson
>>Senior Consulting Systems Analyst
>>Senior Consulting Database Analyst
>> My Thoughts on Terrorism In America: