Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(May 2002)

Subject: Re: moderated lists
From: Chip Old <fold @ bcpl . net>
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 08:41:06 -0400 (EDT)
To: MAJORDOMO-USERS <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

On Mon, 20 May 2002, tony@access-info.co.nz wrote:

> I have a list which has
> moderate            =   yes
>
> with /etc/aliases of
> testlist:               :include:/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/lists/testlist
> testlist-request:       "|/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper request-answer
> test"
> testlist-approval:      tony
> owner-testlist:         tony
>
> but when ever I send a message to the, expecting tony yo get it to
> approve, all member of the list get the message.

With the aliases as above, when you send to testlist, you're sending
through a normal sendmail "include" alias.  Majordomo isn't involved at
all, so the settings in your testlist.config file have no effect.  You
need to alter your aliases to look something like this, to allow the
Resend componant of Majordomo to handle the message:

testlist: "|/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper resend -l testlist
        testlist-outgoing,nobody"
testlist-outgoing: :include:/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/lists/testlist
owner-testlist:tony
testlist-approval:owner-testlist
testlist-request: "|/usr/local/majordomo-1.94.5/wrapper request-answer
        testlist"

Now when someone sends a message to testlist, the testlist alias mwill
pipe it through resend, which will process it according to the settings in
testlist.config.  Resend will either pass it off to the testlist-outgoing
alias for delivery, or will bounce it to owner-testlist or to whomever is
configured in testlist.config as the moderator, depending on what you have
in testlist.config.

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180