Subject: Re: Technical Question
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 12:44:54 -0500
To: Majordomo-Users <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

I would say no, but it really depends on how you define "website" space.
Majordomo is not a web application, it is a mail application.  Web content
and CGIs can be manipulated with FTP commands and/or other scripts, but I
doubt you could install the web "Server" without having help from your site
host.  The same is true of Majordomo.  Once it is properly installed and
configured, you should be able to manage your majordomo mailing lists via
email commands.  Many web administrators will not run a mail server on the
same machine as their web server. A mail server is required to be able to
run a mailing list manager like majordomo.

Assuming your website host administrators have knowledge of mail servers
and list managers, yes, you will need their help.  How many times depends
on how willing and capable they are to help you.  It also depends on what
you need access to.  If you want to create a new list, you will probably
need their help for every list.  Once the list(s) are created, you should
be able to administer them yourself via email commands to majordomo.

Dan Liston