Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2002)

Subject: Re: How to send from Majordomo
From: Karl Pearson <karlp @ ourldsfamily . com>
Date: 12 Oct 2002 11:17:20 -0600
To: Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw @ birdseye . view . net . au>
Cc: "Majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com" <Majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

In the majordom user's cron, I have the following line:

0 1 1 * * /opt/md/monthly_email.pl

The monthly_email.pl file looks like (3 lines only):

#!/usr/bin/perl
chdir "/opt/md/lists";
system "cat /opt/md/monthly_email | /usr/sbin/sendmail -fmajordomo-owner\@mydomain.com -oi `ls|grep -v config|grep -v info|grep -v post|grep -v intro|grep -v restrict|grep -v bounce`";

And the monthly_email file contains whatever text you want it to. Mine
has two header lines, a Subject and a Reply-To line, plus a reminder
about my emailgroups main-page, which has links to majorcool and the
various forms I've created to make life easier for the group members and
for the group owners, such as how to retrieve majordomo help, etc.

HTH,

Karl

--
Karl L. Pearson