Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2002)

Subject: Sending to *-list alias
From: Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw @ birdseye . view . net . au>
Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 19:19:05 +0930 (CST)
To: Majordomo Users <Majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

I have a list that has restrict_post set so that only members of the
list can send messages to it.

I am not a member, but I, and presumably any spammer, can send to the
list via the $LIST-list alias.  That is how easy it is to subvert
restrict_post.

I am wondering if others are doing something about this, for example,
if it is not really normal practice to use "-list".  Do you use some
munged substitute used instead?

Michael Talbot-Wilson

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to send from Majordomo