Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(December 2002)

Subject: newbie question
From: Staven Bruce <Staven . Bruce @ valleyair . org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 14:08:31 -0800
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I'm setting up the latest version of Majordomo on Redhat Linux 8.0. I have
Sendmail 8.12 installed. The Sendmail box works ok, it can only reach
internal recipients currently because, i think, of our firewall. I don't
believe this to be a problem right now, as I am just trying to set up an
internal mail list for testing purposes. I went through the compile, build
and install of Majordomo, followed the README file and read the FAQ's. When
I completed everything, the last line of the INSTALL text stated that I
should receive a message for the new group created. I, however, did not
receive that e-mail. I then said to send list commands to that list.
However, i don't quite understand. Is there a way I can check to see of my
implementation of Majordomo is really working? How do I send messages to the
list? Would I be better off installing a gui front end like MajorCool ?

Any advice helps,

Thanks!

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Problems with Moderated digest list