Subject: Re: Sendmail upgrade breaks majordomo
From: Alvin Oga <alvin @ planet . fef . com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 12:25:38 -0800 (PST)
To: ais @ a-i-s . net
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

hi ya

> A. I. Sinclair wrote:
>
> Trusted user status only gets rid of the Authentification Warning message..

when upgrading from sendmail-8.11.xx  to sendmail-8.12.xx
	- you have to fix the smmsp stuff  and clientmqueue

	- create smmsp userID and groupID
	and make majordomo read/write into smmsp and vice versa

	( at least that allowed most all of my boxes w/ mj + sendmail-8.12 to work )

more sendmail install stuff
	http://www.linux-sec.net/Mail/Sendmail-Install-HOWTO/Install-HOWTO.txt
	http://www.linux-sec.net/Mail/Sendmail/

c ya
alvin

# grep smmsp /etc/group /etc/passwd
/etc/group:mail:x:12:mail,majordom,smmsp,WebMaster,daemon
/etc/group:mj:x:81:smmsp,mail,WebMaster,daemon
/etc/group:smmsp:x:225:majordom,mail,WebMaster,daemon

/etc/passwd:smmsp:x:225:225::/home/smmsp:/bin/false