Great Circle Associates

Majordomo-Users
(May 2003)

Subject: Re: Permissions problem
From: Chip Old <fold@bcpl.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 22:46:14 -0400 (EDT)
To: MAJORDOMO-USERS <Majordomo-Users@greatcircle.com>

On Fri, 16 May 2003 17:30 -0600, Rodrigo Ordonez Licona wrote:

> It May be useful to you, Go to sendmail.org and check the use of the
> "dontblamesendmail" option in the FAQ or docs.
>
> I fixed it with this, although it seemed a bit insecure, got all my
> problems away.

Yes, DontBlameSendmail will solve the problem, but it's the wrong way to
do it.  Fix the directory permissions instead, which solves the
Majordomo problem *and* improves security.

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180