Subject: Re: Dan, Changing config files
From: Lee <lee_19712003 @ yahoo . com>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 16:32:39 +0100 (BST)
To: major <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Hello Dan,

Thanks very much for your reply - I'll try that in a
while, but first can I check the following?

If sending just the variables, presumably i would need
to send all of them, not just the couple i'm changing?

If that works, how would my further 'writeconfig' put
all the comments back exactly where they are now? They
are currently at the start of the file and specific
ones are before each variable.

Lee

 --- Daniel Liston <dliston@sonny.org> wrote: >

  First, the email MUST be sent in plain text.
> Second, the message must not be word wrapped.
>
> If your mail client is wrapping lines at column 72
> instead of 80, or wider, the listname.config file
> you send back via email will confuse majordomo and
> could cause the error you are seeing.
>
> Try sending just the variables and their values
> back to majordomo without all the #comments, then
> issue a "writeconfig" if the message is accepted
> successfully to get the comments put back in.
>
> Dan Liston
>
> PS.  If you can telnet or ssh into the majordomo
> machine and edit the .config file by hand, you
> might have better luck too.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to handle reply-quoted commands?