Subject: Unable to expand a distribution list
From: "Dave Fontaine" <Dfontaine @ capwin . org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 12:06:28 -0400
To: <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Hello all,
Have run into a problem while attempting to make a submission. I can
execute the config, lists, help type commands with no hitches
whatsoever. The error that I am getting is:
****************************

      newsletter-dist@listserv.mydomain.org on 7/10/2003 5:40 PM
            Unable to expand a distribution list to deliver the message
to its members.  Try again or contact your system administrator.
            < listserv.mydomain.org #5.2.4>

****************************
I am running Redhat 8.0, sendmail 8.12.5-7, and Majordomo 1.94.5.
I have done the following to try to correct the problem, but still
nothing:

I have added 'Tmajordomo' to the sendmail.cf and submit.cf files and
ensured that the Trusted users line was NOT commented out. I have added
majordomo to the trusted-users file in '/etc/mail/'.

I have verified permissions and ownerships as per section 2.1 of the
Great Circle Majordomo FAQs, 640 for files, 751 for directories and x
bit set for all major scripts - wrapper, resend, etc.

I have verified that wrapper was installed setuid.

I have run the './wrapper config-test' as a third party user and the
results were 100% positive. Which leads me to believe that this is a
sendmail problem.

PLEASE help, anyone! :)
-Dave

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: How to handle reply-quoted commands?