Subject: Re: Unable to expand a distribution list
From: Mike . Oliver @ Sun . COM
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 08:37:08 -0700
To: Dave Fontaine <Dfontaine @ capwin . org>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

"Dave Fontaine" <Dfontaine@capwin.org> wrote:
>Dan / All:
>If I send a message directly to the newsletter-dist address, I get the
>same message, unable to expand the distribution list. This looks like a
>sendmail problem. Everything in the path (/, /home, /home/majordomo,
>/home/majordomo/runtime, /home/majordomo/runtime/lists) is all 751 for
>the directories. Everything in the lists directory is 640. Everything
>past /home/majordomo is owned majordomo:majordomo. The /etc/aliases file
>is 644 root:root.

sendmail can't read /home/majordomo/runtime/lists/newsletter and
therefore can't honour the :include: directive.  Either do 'chmod o+r'
on that file or change the file's group ownership to match the GID of
the sendmail process (often "daemon").

Mike.
--
mike.oliver@sun.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Keep sending use from getting message..