Subject: Re: Moderated List--Invalid Approved Header Followup
From: "Roger B.A. Klorese" <rogerk @ queernet . org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 19:49:51 -0700
To: Richard Haley <writch @ watts . writch . com>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Richard Haley wrote:

>Ok, so I am getting it going, and my first attempt at sending mail to configure something with the password fails.
>
>I look in majordomo.pl, and on line 477 I find that it is asking for the 'admin password' but the filename is hard coded as $clean_list.passwd (???).
>
>The defaults were XXX.admin and XXX.pass (I thought).  Still, shouldn't it get this from the listname.config file?  And shouldn't it use XXX.admin instead (at least)?
>
>Anyway, I changed the code to reflect the default name.

That's a silly thing to do.  Perhaps you should figure out how the
software works first.

There are THREE passwords for every list.  One, the contents of the
LISTNAME.passwd file, is a legacy from the days before there were config
files in Majordomo -- but it still works.

The other two are the ones in the config file.

All THREE passwords are checked.