From: "Jack L. Stone" <jacks @ sage-american . com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:31:32 -0500
To: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Cc: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Dan: Great! This was what I needed to get it working. Many thanks for the
help!

....and to Joe, thanks for a great patch!

At 11:32 PM 7.30.2003 -0500, Daniel Liston wrote:
>Hello Jack,
>
>To pair up the confirm alias with a majordomo alias "per domain" as
>suggested by Joe, you would need virtusertable and majordomo.aliases
>entries.  Something like this;
>
>virtusertable:
>majordomo@sonny.com     sonny.com-majordomo
>majordomo@sonny.org     sonny.org-majordomo
>majordomo@liston.nu     liston.nu-majordomo
>
>confirm@sonny.com	sonny.com-confirm
>confirm@sonny.org	sonny.org-confirm
>confirm@liston.nu	liston.nu-confirm
>
>majordomo.aliases:
>sonny.com-majordomo:	"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -C
/var/lib/majordomo/sonny.com/majordomo.cf"
>sonny.org-majordomo:	"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -C
/var/lib/majordomo/sonny.org/majordomo.cf"
>liston.nu-majordomo:	"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -C
/var/lib/majordomo/liston.nu/majordomo.cf"

>sonny.com-confirm:	"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -C
/var/lib/majordomo/sonny.com/majordomo.cf -a"
>sonny.org-confirm:	"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -C
/var/lib/majordomo/sonny.org/majordomo.cf -a"
>liston.nu-confirm:	"|/usr/lib/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -C
/var/lib/majordomo/liston.nu/majordomo.cf -a"

>Dan Liston
>
>Jack L. Stone wrote:
>
>> Hi Dan: We worked together on your MJ list setup scripts.
>>
>> I noticed the thread about the patch that will change the subscription
>> confirmation. I believe it was developed by Joe R. Jah. This was just what
>> I needed to eliminate those who can't deal with the present method of
>> open+confirm requiring the long command line that wraps.
>>
>> I finally go the patch tweaked so that majordomo is working again on
>> franklin-belle.com. Alas, it puts the confirm.keys in the right place, but
>> cannot find the right place on confirming. This iw why:
>>
>> MAJORDOMO ABORT (mj_majordomo)!!
>> Couldn't read key file /usr/local/majordomo/lists/confirm.keys: No such
>> file or directory
>> /usr/local/majordomo/lists/confirm.keys
>> ...really at:
>> /usr/local/majordomo/franklin-belle.com/lists/confirm.keys
>>
>> You may recognize the above setup for vhosts as being from your script.
>> Obviously, the patch doesn't fix things 100%.
>>
>> I can get it to confirm if I move the keys file to the place it wants, but
>> then the confirmation shows an error that it is subscribed to an unknown
list.

>> I was wondering if you had tried the patch using the same setup as I have
>> and what did you do to tweak it..?? ...an entry in virtusertable...?? and
>> where did you put this line in aliases:
>> confirm: "|/usr/local/majordomo/wrapper majordomo -a"
>>
>> I put it at the top, then within the vhost list section... nada...!!
>>
>> Thanks for any assist...
>>
>> BTW, I asked Joe about this, but I don't think he knows how your script
>> handles vhost lists, which I believe is the problem here.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Jack L. Stone,
>> Administrator
>>
>> Sage American
>> http://www.sage-american.com
>> jacks@sage-american.com

Best regards,
Jack L. Stone,
Administrator

Sage American
http://www.sage-american.com
jacks@sage-american.com

From: Daniel Liston <dliston@sonny.org>
Next:
From: (nil)
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: Subscription Confirm < PATCH
From: Daniel Liston <dliston@sonny.org>
Next: E-mail scams
From: Bob Bish <bobbish@earthlink.net>