Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2003)

Subject: Re: Moderated lists...
From: Daniel Liston <dliston @ sonny . org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 14:53:44 -0500
To: Dani Koesterich <Dani @ MasterMailings . com>,MajorDomo Users <majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com>

Does this happen only to rich text messages, or messages
sent in pure ASCII "text/plain" messages too?  If this is
happening to *all* mail passing through the list, examine
your majordomo.cf file's $whereami variable.  If you are
not using a static "mydomain.com" value, rather than some
result of a command like `/bin/dnsdomainname`, it is most
likely you are introducing blank lines into the message's
header fields.  A blank line signifies the end of headers
and anything after that blank line is displayed as the
body content of the email message.  If the problem is only
on rich text messages or HTML MIME content messages, you
could consider "cleaning up" the messages with demime
before majordomo sees them.

Dan Liston