Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(October 2003)

Subject: Re: Moderated lists...
From: Chip Old <fold @ bcpl . net>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 19:41:22 -0400 (EDT)
To: MAJORDOMO-USERS <Majordomo-Users @ greatcircle . com>

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:17 -0400, Rob Reilly wrote to Chip Old:

> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003, Chip Old wrote:
>
> Chip hello,
>
> > listname-list@mydomain.com      error:nouser User unknown
>
> > This should be done for every majordomo list to prevent spammers and
> > other cretins from posting directly to the -list alias.
>
> I may have the same difficulty as Dani. I use MajorCool to make changes
> to majordomo list. That interface seem to not allow such a change. What
> am I missing?

I don't use MajorCool and don't know much about it, but I suspect it isn't
able to make those entries in virtusertable.  You'll need to edit the file
manually with your favorite UNIX text editor, then run makemap.  This is a
sendmail thing, not a majordomo thing.

--
Chip Old (Francis E. Old)             E-Mail:  fold@bcpl.net
Manager, BCPL Network Services        Phone:   410-887-6180