Great Circle Associates Majordomo-Users
(January 2004)

Subject: upper/lowercase in sub file
From: Dana Holland <dana . work @ navarrocollege . edu>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 11:52:44 -0600
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

I've just encountered a problem with the file that contains a list of
subscribers to one of the lists I host. I use the restrict feature. It's
appearing that if the user subscribed as my.name@anywhere.org, but then
later posts a message as MY.NAME@anywhere.org, it's rejecting the
message with a non-member submission error.  Is this accurate - is it
case-sensitive?  If so, does anyone have a workaround, other than my
having to manually key in every possible combination in the restrict
file? (which I'm not going to do)

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Hotmail problems: any definitive solution?