Subject: Re: majordomo - Permission denied issue
From: "David Lloyd" <lloydda @ uvsc . edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 22:26:27 -0700
To: <holborn-majord @ real-life . tm>
Cc: <Majordomo-Users @ greatcircle . com>

The permissions on /var/lib/majordomo are drwxr-x---    "uid" majordomo "gid" daemon. I have also set majordomo to be a trusted user in sendmail.cf file.

As for your question "What uid does sendmail run as, and does that uid/gid have access to that
dir!" I beleve sendmail runs as daemon uid which if I understand correctly does have access to the directory. How can I double check these two things?

Thanks

David

David Lloyd wrote:
> - The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
> :include:/var/lib/majordomo/lists/test
> (expanded from: )

What is the perms on /var/lib/majordomo?

What uid does sendmail rtun as, and does that uid/gid have access to that
dir!

D.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: majordomo - Permission denied issue