Subject: Missing something obvious: SuSE and sendmail
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk @ chinet . com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 21:02:18 -0500 (CDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Ignore my earlier query. That was the correct file to update /etc/sendmail.cf

Now, attempting to run newaliases as the majordomo user gets this error:

Program mode requires special privileges, e.g., root or TrustedUser.
Warning: Cannot use HostStatusDirectory = .hoststat: No such file or directory

with /etc/sendmail.cf listing the majordomo user as a trusted user. Yes, we did
remember to restart sendmail.

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Missing something completely obvious: A SuSE and sendmail question