Subject: mj - How to succeed sending to over a thousand, without bounced
From: Tony Martino <tony @ tifosi-club . com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:31:28 -0400
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

Hello everyone,

Hope you could help me yet again.

I have set up my MJ, ran many tests, and yesterday sent my first REAL message to the list.
I have two issues that came of of this first email sent to my list.  Here is the first one; as I
will send you another email for the other issue...

My email list (which we used to use a little over a year ago) contains about 1700 addresses.

We decided to use it, as all the addresses are people who that, at the time, were willing to receive
our emails.
We knew many were going to bounce back, due to expired mailboxes (ex. hotmail, yahoo, etc) and
changes in mailboxes, and also due to all the new anti-spam serveices that poped out in the recent
past.

Yet... I got one huge surprise....
Many email services do not accept email for which over, say, 50 or 100 addresses appear in the "TO"
(or cc, bcc) field appear!!

example error:    (reason: 552 Too many recipients)

I checked the MJ mailing archives, and over the net through google. Saw many things, but some were
either "old", or contradicting.

So I wanted to ask you...

Is there a working and efficient way to get my email to reach all my subscrbers, even if I have way
over 1,000 subscribers????

Hotmaily, yahoo, even aol, is affected!

Thanks, and sorry for the long email

Tony

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Show list subscriptions of internal email accounts in a matrix?