Subject: Re: SuSE, Sendmail, and Majordomo problems partly solved
From: "Adam H. Kerman" <ahk @ chinet . com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 17:08:43 -0500 (CDT)
To: majordomo-users @ greatcircle . com

At 5:46pm -0400, 07/17/04, Burt Juda <burt@juda.com> wrote:
>Adam H. Kerman wrote, On 7/17/2004 5:29 PM:

>>>My directories are 755, and list membership files are all
>>>majordomo.majordomo 644 permissions.  The .konfig files are 660.

>>Why are your konfig files 660?

>The konfig files contain the PASSWORDS!   :)
>You don't really want ANY user on the system to see them, right?

I was wondering why his list.config files were group writable. As sendmail
insists that no list files may be group writable, I just removed group write
privileges from all files. I use the majordomo user account for maintenance;
there aren't any other users in the majordomo group now that that's not useful.

Yes, I do understand why his list.config files aren't world readable!